Love

I remember when my belief in love was completely shattered. My "girlfriend" was my best friend was my biggest support. My parents "loved" me and would do anything for me because they enjoyed being around me. I was told lies of "I love you" and they meant a lot to me, but they ended up meaning as much as salad means to Stanley from The Office.

I was lied to about love. How could they harm someone so much? I'm pretty sure that could have been tried for cruel and unusual punishment.

My girlfriend was too much for me to handle and even though I was the one to break it off, I'm pretty sure she wasn't too upset about it.

I went through a depressing stage in my life and my parents decided to do something about it. Something I never thought they would have done. They sent me to a behavior hospital. 

I guess I may be leaving a minor detail out, but that can come out later. I could tell you, but you would probably forget.

My parents had decided that my depressing behavior was "unacceptable". They made me feel horrible about being the way I was. The person who I had become wasn't living up to the impossible expectations that they had set for me. They were Belle trying to tame a beast that couldn't be a prince without love.

And although my parents haven't helped much and probably won't help much in the future, I have got an alternative. Screw parents when you can have a girlfriend, a job, and ice cream.

Is ice cream the only thing that can truly be loved fully?

I would say no. Why? Because I love my girlfriend. I love my friends (no homo), I love snacks, I love writing, and I love sports. These are all things or people that I can go to when I need help or to be cheered up.

I think the true definition of love is someone or something that you will never let go and be a part of your past.

They say if you love something, let it go. If it's meant to be, it'll return.

Psh, yeah right. If you love something, cherish it with all your heart because that is what will get you through life. Love can cause world peace. Why not try a slice?

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power, the world will know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix


Comments

  1. This is beautiful! I love you too;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I was told lies of "I love you" and they meant a lot to me, but they ended up meaning as much as salad means to Stanley from The Office."
    Love the office! Forget parents and there stupid expectations let's live life to its fullest!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Inadequecy

This

Bobby Ray Simmons Jr