Crayons

Growing up scares me. I'm afraid of every aspect of it.

I don't think I could handle the stress of bills and taxes and having a job and raising kids and remembering everything that needs to get done and keeping up with football and basketball.

More than that, I'll miss being a kid. I'll miss worrying about when the cartoons are on and I'll miss the peace of mind that I received when my Dad told me they didn't start for another 10 minutes. I'll miss watching Disney movies with my family on Sunday nights as I stuff myself with no bake cookies.

The cookies never had peanut butter in them. That meant the world to me because I couldn't get down anything that even smelled of peanut butter.


What I'm doing now and where I will be in 10 years will all depend on how I think. But go 5 years into the past, and it was all based on passion.

If I heard the ice cream man, I wouldn't think, "If I buy ice cream now, I don't think I'll be able to get a snack at the store later."

I would get that dang ice cream cone.

And it was good.
Man, that ice cream was good.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inadequecy

This

Bobby Ray Simmons Jr