Heart

I guess I am supposed to write about my heart. But I'm afraid of what my heart has to say. I'm fearful to write this post because I truly do mean the words I am typing on the screen.

I do not know exactly what my heart wants to say. Not this week. Not any week. I feel like I do the exact same thing every week. But I don't know any other way. I sit at my computer and stare at the screen for a few hours because I want to make my writing good. I want people to comment and tell me its really good and I want Nelson to put it in the top five. I have been told a few times that my writing is good. And I do truly believe that there are some people who think my writing is good.

But overall, I feel like it is my heart I try to impress most often. I write and write and write and I feel like the more I write, the more unimpressed I am with myself. I don't feel adequate enough for myself. And because of that, I don't feel adequate enough for the class or for Nelson or my parents or classmates. And the longer I lay awake at nights, struggling with my insomnia, the more things about me I don't find myself happy with. Sometimes I tell myself I'm not a good writer. Other times it can be big things or small things. I'm not a good son or friend. I'm not as much help in math class as I think I am. I'm a bad cook.

Maybe this is God's way of feeding me some humble pie. But I'm stuffed. My belt is stretching and I can't take another bite.

I hope he can see I'm full.
I hope he can see my heart is full.
I hope he can see my heart can't take myself.

Comments

  1. "im afraid of what my heart has to say" me too

    me too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah bro, I just want to say you're one of (and always have been) one my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "there are some people who think my writing is good."

    You're dang right. It's because it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trust me. You're plenty adequate.

    Thank you for taking us with you on this journey.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Inadequecy

This

Bobby Ray Simmons Jr