The Day The Music Died

"Something touched me deep inside,
the day the music died"
~Don McLean

I remember the day the music died.
It was a rainy day and my grandpa's casket was falling six feet deep into the ground. The ground that now held broken heart shards and tears.

My dad told me that duct tape and a sharpie can fix just about anything. But a life is not one of those things.

While the soldiers were in Germany worryied about making it to the end and living to see their families, people were drinking and partying. Wasting their lives away, not knowing that over 6 million innocent people are being martyred for believing in their God. The ignorance of the human race is astounding.

I remember the day the music died. It was a rainy day.
My mom said we were moving. I was going to have to leave my friend and my second grade crush.

I remember the day the music died. It was a rainy day.
My grandma's casket fell six feet deep. The ground held more tears and a completely shattered heart.

I remember the day the music died. It was a beautiful day.
Birds were singing. The sun was going down. The nice sunset lay over the mountain.
And he was gone.

The day the music died turned out to be the coldest summer day I've ever experienced.

Comments

  1. The ground held more tears and a shattered heart
    #greatline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super deep. Nice post. "My dad told me that duct tape and a sharpie can fix just about anything. But a life is not one of those things." #stolen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Inadequecy

This

Bobby Ray Simmons Jr