Montana

"There's a spirit in Montana and in your chest, a note.
That rings out like the bells of  cathedrals rung by the village scapegoat."
"Montana" - Youth Lagoon

With the class, I sat down at the pond. I closed my eyes and let my other senses do the seeing. I heard cars and ducks. Smelled the pond water. I felt the crisp air on my hands and on my face. The air tasted clean.

Nature has a most beautiful spirit about it. It's so wonderful that St. Nick is jealous.

Nature also has a dream. It's dream is to provide life and beauty and feelings and inspiration.

I used to dream of becoming a hero. One that everyone would adore. I would be rich and people would want my autograph. Well, I don't know if my motives have changed or if I have changed. But I'm pretty sure it's for the better. 

My dream has become a dream that will make me happy. It will come by making other people happy. My dream is to help others fulfill theirs. A dream for world peace may be unaccomplishable, but meaning a great deal to someone by helping them be happy and do what they want is where the real reward comes in.

My life already has enough beauty and feelings and life and inspiration. I want to give others that same thing. To help them be happy.

Comments

  1. Your words are such an inspiration. Thank you for posting this. It makes me want to be better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want the same things.

    Thanks for taking us back to the pond with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Inadequecy

This

Bobby Ray Simmons Jr