Human

I know I'm human because when my mom was making me feel like nothing tonight, I felt something. I was able to feel the loneliness and sadness that I have come to live with so often. I felt my heart bleeding out all the dreams and hopes I've wanted.



I asked myself if nothing could be felt. I decided to get back to me after my mom was done getting mad.

I came back to myself with an answer. It was yes.

What I told me next was something that I would have never expected me to speak of. I told me of a sad story. I told me of a boy who was chasing his dreams on his bicycle and when he was in arms reach, he fell off and broke his leg and arm. He was unable to chase his dreams after that. I asked him what his dream was that he was chasing. He told me it was happiness and although we was temporarily injured, he would catch it one day. I told him that his pursuit of happiness was foolish and that no one can ever be truly happy. He looked me square in the eye and said that only those who kept themselves from happiness would never reach it.



I think he is a champion.

I know I'm human because I can feel.

Comments

  1. i know im human because i can feel. and this made me feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That part about the pursuit of happiness. Yep. That boy is right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "He looked me square in the eye and said that only those who kept themselves from happiness would never reach it."
    So true

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Inadequecy

This

Bobby Ray Simmons Jr