To Mrs. Skye

There is a girl who sits in our creative writing class. She has green eyes and bruised knees. She understands what a broken heart is and how it can be fixed. She knows the meaning of being real. She really knows how to connect with others and she knows how to write her heart. She is a girl with an impressive mind and I think everyone should have a chance to talk with this girl. This girl is named Kailee.

I've only talked with Kailee a few times, but she has always been very kind.

Her blog is just as impressive as herself.

In my opinion, her blog, Navy Skye, is one of the best blogs in the class. Her writing is real and she is 100% artist. Her blog is something that is very beautiful and anyone who says she isn't anything less than a great writer is just jealous.

Some of my favorite quotes I liked from her blog:

  • "A gap toothed, freckled nose, green eyed face with a voice so quiet she believed no one could hear her, but God did."

  • "Because nearly broken things still work, That's all that matters"

  • "i hate high school, 
    but i don't want to grow up. life just gets harder, more people die and you have to buy college textbooks."

As I read more and more of Kailee's posts, I was filled with more and more emotions. I felt hope and sadness and frustration and joy. I cried. Not the type of cry I cried when my grandpa passed away or the type of cry I cried in church once, it was the type of cry that you cry when you are so filled with emotions, you don't know how to feel.

Her writing makes me jealous. I want so badly to be able to share myself like she can.

Kailee is real. Kailee is the shiz.

I've been coming up with songs that could fit her and this is the list I've come up with.

  • Dauoalogn - Sigur Ros
  • Stay Alive - José González
  • Montana - Youth Lagoon
  • Breathe Me - Sia
  • Outro - M83
  • Ghost in the Machine - B.o.B
  • Picasso - The Cinema
  • Summertime Sadness - Lana Del Rey
In all, Kailee is someone who can make other people feel things. Having read all of her posts, I can honestly say that she is one of my favorites in the whole class. If you haven't read any of her posts, please check them out so you can experience it as well. You will not regret it.

Thank you for sharing yourself with us Kailee. You've done exceptionally well.

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness I can't believe I am just now seeing this.

    This was the nicest thing anyone has ever said about me.

    I seriously am crying oh my gosh.
    This meant so so so much to me.

    You are one of the nicest kids at lone peak and I've always thought that.

    Thank you so much tanner. This meant the world to me. Thanks for being so kind all the time. Holy cow really thank you so much..You're amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Inadequecy

This

Bobby Ray Simmons Jr