How to do life

Let me start out by saying there isn't a formula or a secret recipe to get you through life. If there was, I would still get the ingredients mixed up.

But I don't have the right measurements for the job.
And although something may be cooking in the kitchen, it isn't what I was hoping for.

I think I may have added too much failure in the mixture and now the ceiling is painted black with smoke and the smell of fire is drowning out the smell of my fresh baked success. The smoke alarm is broken because I got tired of the beeping and smashed it with a baseball bat.

I called the fire department but they were busy celebrating a birthday. I wasn't even invited to it.

I quickly grab for a bottle of loneliness to quench the fire but the flames are blazing and one bottle won't do much besides irritate the flames.

As I render my endeavors useless, I sink to the floor with my head in my hands, accepting full defeat. I can hear the fire crackling and the beams in my house groan as they get weaker and weaker. As the room gets smaller and oxygen less sparse, I lay on the floor as it all starts to crash down.

While the near lifeless boy on the floor seems to grow darker and darker, he is suddenly woken up by the shaking from people he has always known to have loved him most. They bring with them the hose of friendship and love. And together as a unit, they work with speed as they extinguish the fire and lift me to my feet. We rebuild the room and each person helps me get something I lost in the fire.

They all give me peace, hope, happiness.

They give my life beauty.

Comments

  1. *Favorite* *Like* *Share* *Retweet* *Reblog*

    Way too good to keep in one place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Let me start out by saying there isn't a formula or a secret recipe to get you through life. If there was, I would still get the ingredients mixed up." #Stolen Its on my blog!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Inadequecy

This

Bobby Ray Simmons Jr